Exams and Certification
Earning & Maintaining Your CAWC Designation
Completing the CAWC
The CAWC designation is earned by completing our two-day, 16-hour in-person program or three-day, 12-hour virtual program and passing proctored exams administered each day. Exam scores must be equal to 70% or higher to pass.
CAWC Renewal Criteria
Because the world of workers’ compensation insurance is always changing with the introduction of new laws, protocols and more, recertification is required every two years.
Requirements for recertification:
- Complete three hours of ethics training
- Complete seven hours of workers’ compensation-related training or other commercial insurance training
- $200 renewal fee (invoiced every 24 months)
- Report CE renewal credits to the AF Group Education team here
- Note: Credits accrued for state license compliance renewals can be counted toward your 10 hours of required training
Classes eligible for renewal credit include:
- Any webinar (live or recorded) offered by AF Group
- Kessler training programs that cover workers’ compensation material
- CIC classes
- CPCU classes
- Workers’ compensation seminars hosted by professional agent associations
- Any other commercial insurance CE course approved by your state of license
Generally, one credit is equal to one hour of instruction. One half credit may be applied for one half hour of instruction.
Questions about earning or renewing your CAWC designation? Reach out any time!
It was a very inviting and comfortable learning environment. One of the best classes I have taken in a long time!